Stewardship: Living Our Faith through Mission
Stewardship is … Everything we do after we say “I believe,” making a faithful response to God’s grace, gratitude and generosity about money, but not only about money, but helping others grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through the use of the time, talents and resources entrusted by God. –ELCA on Stewardship
- Online Giving
- Thrivent Simply Giving® Program: Looking to make your life simpler? Join the Thrivent Simply Giving® Program. Through Simply Giving®, your offerings are made through a pre-authorized withdrawal from your bank account. You determine the frequency of your automatic donation – weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly – the option is yours.
3. By Mail. Mail a check to First Lutheran Church, 1100 E. Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802. Indicate which fund you are giving to in the Memo line of the check.
First Lutheran Church Funds
- Mission Plan (Operating Budget) – This fund supports the overall mission and ministry of the church as well as “First Fruits” giving. Through First Fruits giving, the church donates 20% “off the top” of its annual mission plan income to benevolence- 10% of to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and another 10% to local and global ministry and mission partners. Making your online donation “recurring” makes it easy to fulfill your annual pledge to the church.
- Time for Renewal (Mortgage Reduction)-Donations to this fund go towards reducing the church’s mortgage associated with the Time for Renewal building project for our renewal of our sanctuary renewal, our new Jaeckel pipe organ and our new Gathering space.
- Monthly Special Giving- This fund offers additional monthly benevolent giving opportunities to fund local and global mission and ministry partners.
- Hunger Fund (ELCA World Hunger Fund)- The church will forward donations to this fund go directly to the ELCA World Hunger Fund. ELCA World Hunger is a comprehensive and sustainable program that uses multiple strategies— relief, development, education, and advocacy- to address the root causes of hunger and poverty. ELCA World Hunger responds to neighbors around the corner and around the world.
- Memorials & Gifts Fund– Donations to the church made in honor or in memory of individuals.
- Radio Fund– Donations to this fund support the church’s weekly Sunday broadcast of the 8:30 a.m. worship on Duluth KDAL AM 610.